M. W. Brother Charles Ross Wilson, born in Liberty Township, Harding County, Ohio, a rural area, he chose to remain a lifelong resident of that county. This decision did not impede his steady upward progress in our ranks, nor did it limit his personal, religious, and civic service.
Brother Wilson was educated in the public schools of Ada, Ohio, and received his degree in Pharmacy from Ohio Northern University at Ada in 1902. He followed the pharmacy profession briefly, then purchased the University Bookstore, which he continued to operate for forty-three years. This afforded him countless student contacts and gave him an enviable acquaintance among Ohio Northern's Alumni as the years went on. For ten years he served as a member of the board of trustees of the University.
He was a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon and of Kappa Psi Fraternities, and a Charter member of the Ada Rotary Club.
He affiliated early in life with the Presbyterian Church in Ada and served as Elder and Ruling Elder of his congregation for more than twenty-three years. He was a long time trustee of the Presbyterian Home in Sidney, Ohio, and served the church in many other capacities.
No worthwhile community enterprise ever lacked his support; He was urgent in his efforts to improve the lot of his fellow citizens.
He was married on March 30, 1899, to Miss Nellie E. Pifer, of Forest, Ohio three children were born of their marriage.
M. W. Brother Wilson was initiated June 18, 1902, passed to the Degree of Fellowcraft on July 2, 1902 and raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason on July 16, 1902 in Ada Lodge No. 344. F, & A. M. exalted in Ada Chapter No. 138, R. A. M., on April 26, 1905; greeted Kenton Council No. 65, R. & S. M., on April 11, 1919; and knighted in Kenton Commandery No, 58, K. T., on April 11, 1922.
He presided in each of those bodies, serving as Worshipful Master in 1921 and 1922, High Priest 1911 and 1912, Illustrious Master in 1930 and Eminent Commander in 1938-1939.
He received the degrees of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite in the Valley of Columbus in its "Civic Center Class" in May, 1924, and was coroneted a Sovereign Grand Inspector General 33° honorary in New York City in 1952.
He was a member of Aladdin Temple, A. A. O. N. M. S., Ohio Priory, No. 18, K. Y. C. H., and of the Order of Eastern Star, having served as Grand Patron of the latter body in 1945.
In the spring of 1963, he was the subject of widespread news items and of articles in medical journals, when a cardiac pacemaker was permanently implanted in his chest at the University of Michigan Medical Center. He is believed to have been the oldest patient ever to have the benefits of this device, designed to regularize a slow heart.
Funeral services were held on November 7, 1963, followed by interment in Woodlawn Cemetery, Ada, Ohio.