Are there costs to join?
Yes. Each lodge sets its own fees for new members, generally between $100 and $300. In addition, members pay annual dues to support lodge operations.
Initiation Fee: The lodge charges an initiation fee for each of the three degrees in Masonry: Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. By rule, this fee must be paid before a degree can be conferred. Each lodge sets the fee for its degrees, which typically run between $100 and $300. One question a man may be asked when he seeks to join the lodge is whether he can afford these fees without injuring or depriving his family. If paying the fees will be a hardship, he is encouraged to wait until his financial situation improves.
Annual Lodge Dues: Each Master Mason must pay annual dues to maintain his membership in good standing. This amount is paid each year before the lodge annual meeting and election of officers. Typical lodge dues average about $100 per year, depending on the activities and location of the lodge. Lodges with active social and family programs or with buildings to support may collect more in annual dues.
Occasionally, a member will have trouble paying his dues because of job loss, medical expenses, or other financial setbacks. When this happens, the lodge will work with the member to accommodate his individual situation. The goal of the lodge is to keep each Master Mason an active member.
There are 3 ways to pay your Lodge dues, here’s how to:
- Your Lodge will send you a Membership Renewal Notice starting in August of each year. The renewals will be sent via email (if listed on your Grand View account) and by mail. Lodge dues are to be paid by the Lodge’s annual meeting in November.
- You can pay your dues in 3 different ways:
- Drop off your dues notice and payment to your Lodge secretary
- Mail your dues notice along with a check written out to your Lodge
- Pay via credit card on Grand View
- Log into your Grand View account
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll see a banner noting that you have a balance due with a button to “pay now” – click the “pay now” button
- This will prompt you to enter your credit card information and confirm your payment
- Once the payment has gone through you’ll be set for another great Masonic year!