Jerry Carmel Rasor was born on June 19, 1930 in Scioto Township, Pickaway County, Ohio, the son of Carmel H. and Vonna Lucille Rasor. He received his elementary and secondary education in Scioto Township School in Commercial Point and graduated in 1949 as Salutatorian of his class. He entered the Ohio State University where he majored in Radio-Television Speech. While at Ohio State he was active in the Men’s Glee Club, the Dramatics Board, Strollers, Scarlet Mask and the University Chorus. He was elected to Sphinx, the Senior Men’s Honorary. He graduated with a B. A. Degree in 1953 and was chosen Class Speaker for the Commencement Exercises.
Jerry was a member of the Commercial Point United Methodist Church. During his life he gave of his time and talents to many charitable organizations, among them are the American Cancer Society, Charity Newsies, Kidney Disease Foundation, Easter Seal Society and Kiwanis. He was a member of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and the national music fraternity, Phi Mu Alpha.
He was employed by the Outlet Broadcasting Company as a member of the staff of WCMH-TV, Channel Four, in Columbus, Ohio until 1979. In April 1985 he was employed by The Ohio Masonic Home as Director of Development and Public Relations, a position he held until his death.
On June 4, 1988, he was united in marriage with Hazel Snyder.
M.W. Brother Rasor was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason in Lockbourne Lodge No. 232 on February 28, 1952, and served as its Worshipful Master in 1968. His father served as Worshipful Master of the same lodge in 1951.
In the York Rite he was exalted a Royal Arch Mason in West Gate Chapter. No. 216 on May 16, 1962; was received as a Royal and Select Master in West Gate Council No. 129 on March 4, 1965; and was created a Knight Templar in Mount Vernon Commandery on May 17, 1965.
He became a Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Columbus, in April 1953. He was appointed Hospitaler of the Franklin Council, Princes of Jerusalem in 1971 and served as Sovereign Prince. He was Coroneted Sovereign Grand Inspector General, Honorary 33rd Degree Mason, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on September 29, 1976.
He became a member of Aladdin Temple, A. A. O. N. M. S. on May 16, 1970 and served as Director of the Past Masters Unit since its formation in 1971. He was also a member of Lockbourne Chapter No. 575, Order of the Eastern Star, and served as its Worthy Patron in 1966. He was a member of Achbar Grotto and held honorary memberships in several Ohio Lodges. He held membership in the National Sojourners, Masonic Veterans Association of Ohio and the Royal Order of Jesters.
He was the recipient of the Honorary Legion of Honor, International Order of DeMolay, and was an honorary Member, International Order of Job’s Daughters. He was the Grand Representative for The Grand Lodge of Arkansas, near The Grand Lodge of Ohio.
In October 1970, he was appointed District Deputy Grand Master for the 14th Masonic District by M. W. Brother Louis C. Holzapfel. He was appointed to the position again in 1971 by M. W. Brother Donald M. Thomson. In October 1971, M.W. Fay L. Gullion appointed him Senior Grand Deacon. He was subsequently appointed as Grand Marshal and Grand Orator. He was elected Junior Grand Warden in 1974, Senior Grand Warden in 1975 and Deputy Grand Master in 1976. On October 15, 1977, he was elected and installed as Grand Master of Masons in Ohio.
M .W. Brother Rasor passed away October 29, 1991 in Columbus, Ohio.
Masonic Services were held on November 1, 1991. Funeral services and interment were private.