205th Annual CommunicationThe 205th annual communication of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of Ohio will be held on October 17 and 18, 2014 at the Sharonville Convention Center, 11355 Chester Road, Sharonville, Ohio.
It is the responsibility of every Worshipful Master, Senior Warden and Junior Warden to attend and fulfill their duty as voting members of the Grand Lodge.
For scheduling, hotel and other information, please click here.
Deputy Grand Master to rollout plans for 2015
The intended consequence of all this planning and work is the realization of improvement in the lodges and the Brethren who work towards their implementation.
Property Tax Exemption
Lodges and Temple Company's may still apply for an exemption from their 2013 property taxes.
There are three basic steps to apply for the property tax exemption.
I. Assemble the following supporting documentation:
- Completed Form DTE 23 - Application for Real Estate Exemption. For a fillable copy of Form DTE 23 - click here. For a detailed guide to completing the form - click here.
- Copy of the property owner's most recent 990 IRS long form or receipt for the 990 N electronic postcard.
- Copies of the last two year's property tax bills
- Completed copies of either the Lodge Financial Report, if the property is owned by the Lodge - click here for a copy OR the Temple Co. Financial Report, if it is owned by a Temple Co. - click here for a copy
- Explanation of the annual Rental Income - click here for a sample
- Copies of the rental agreements/leases for each of the renters (if there is not a written agreement, create a simple one page explanation)
- Copies of the "property record card" and the deed from the County Auditor
- Basic floor plan of the building with an explanation of which portions are used primarily for fraternal and administrative purposes
II. Please contact Chad Simpson, 800-292-6092 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up the details for a review of the application and all the supporting documentation.
III. Bring four complete copies of the DTE 23 and all the supporting documentation to the County Auditor and Country Treasurer for their signatures. They will keep three copies, and you will retain one.
The County Treasurer will inform the property owner once the application has been accepted or rejected. Until that time, continue to pay the property taxes as they come due. They will be refunded once the exemption is granted.
Verizon Wireless Discount Program
Ohio Master Masons may now register their Verizon Wireless account for an 18% discount by following three easy steps.
First, you will need to establish a free Grand Lodge email address. Remember to right down your email address and your password. To establish your email@example.com email address click here.
Second, you will need to register your Verizon Wireless number for the discount. You will do this by using the "click here" option at the end of this paragraph. On the Verizon page you will have two options to register you number. You should use the one for Verizon customers, which will ask you to enter your number. At some point, you will be asked for your work email, you should use your Grand Lodge firstname.lastname@example.org. Verizon will send a confirmation email, which you will need to read to confirm your registration. To register your Verizon Wireless number for the discount, click here.
Third, after you've registered your Verizon Wireless number, Verizon Wireless will send an email to your Grand Lodge email account. So wait about ten minutes, and then check your Grand Lodge Email Account. Open the email from Verizon and click the button to confirm your discount.
Now you've got the 18% discount. If you are having difficulties, please call 800-292-6092 and ask for Chad Simpson.
To check your Grand Lodge email account, click here.