Masonic Home Day - June 8
Ohio Masonic Home Day - a day for the whole family to enjoy - will be held on Sunday, June 8th. Worshipful Service will begin at 10 am. Food venders will open at 11 am. This year's festivities will include a parade, cornerstone ceremony, and the Nomads - playing tunes from the golden age of Rock-n-Roll!
Property Tax Exemption
Lodges and Temple Company's may still apply for an exemption from their 2013 property taxes.
There are three basic steps to apply for the property tax exemption.
I. Assemble the following supporting documentation:
- Completed Form DTE 23 - Application for Real Estate Exemption. For a fillable copy of Form DTE 23 - click here. For a detailed guide to completing the form - click here.
- Copy of the property owner's most recent 990 IRS long form or receipt for the 990 N electronic postcard.
- Copies of the last two year's property tax bills
- Completed copies of either the Lodge Financial Report, if the property is owned by the Lodge - click here for a copy OR the Temple Co. Financial Report, if it is owned by a Temple Co. - click here for a copy
- Explanation of the annual Rental Income - click here for a sample
- Copies of the rental agreements/leases for each of the renters (if there is not a written agreement, create a simple one page explanation)
- Copies of the "property record card" and the deed from the County Auditor
- Basic floor plan of the building with an explanation of which portions are used primarily for fraternal and administrative purposes
II. Please contact Brother David Buken, 740-763-0871 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up the details for a review of the application and all the supporting documentation.
III. Bring four complete copies of the DTE 23 and all the supporting documentation to the County Auditor and Country Treasurer for their signatures. They will keep three copies, and you will retain one.
The County Treasurer will inform the property owner once the application has been accepted or rejected. Until that time, continue to pay the property taxes as they come due. They will be refunded once the exemption is granted.
Verizon Wireless Discount Program
Ohio Master Masons may now register their Verizon Wireless account for an 18% discount by following three easy steps.
First, you will need to establish a free Grand Lodge email address. Remember to right down your email address and your password. To establish your email@example.com email address click here.
Second, you will need to register your Verizon Wireless number for the discount. Two of the registration questions ask for your work email address. You should use your Grand Lodge firstname.lastname@example.org email address as the answer to those two questions. To register your Verizon Wireless number for the discount, click here.
Third, after you've registered your Verizon Wireless number, Verizon Wireless will send an email to your Grand Lodge email account. So wait about ten minutes, and then check your Grand Lodge Email Account. Open the email from Verizon and click the button to confirm your discount.
Now you've got the 18% discount. If you are having difficulties, please call 800-292-6092 and ask for Chad Simpson.
To check your Grand Lodge email account, click here.